Cambridge and Russell Group Offers for The John Roan School Sixth Form
Plenty of A* and A grades have helped Sixth Formers lock in high-quality university places
Nearly half (46%) of all A Level entries were awarded the higher-level passes of A* to B
Today, students and staff at The John Roan School in Greenwich are celebrating the release of A Level results.
The school has achieved another year of impressive results, with students locking in places at some of the country’s most competitive universities – including Cambridge and other Russell Group institutions.
One of the Year 13s enjoying particular success at The John Roan School is Isabella, who achieved two A*s and an A. She has gained a place at the University of Cambridge, Newnham College, where she will study History and Politics.
Other standout student performances include:
- Aeden, whose straight A*s have led to a place to study Physics at Imperial College London;
- Abya, who is heading to the University of Manchester to study Medicine, having achieved two A*s and an A;
- Caspar, who secured two A*s and an A, is going to the London School of Economics and Political Science to study Politics and History;
- Dontai, who has gained a place at the University of Exeter to study Economics and History, after achieving straight A grades;
- Jude, who will be going to the University of Manchester to study History and Politics, after being awarded an A* and two As;
- Stanislav, who has secured straight A grades despite only arriving in the UK in Year 11. He has now gained a place at the University of Warwick to study Mechanical Engineering;
- Milo, who has secured a place at the University of Bristol to study Geography after achieving two As and a B;
- Max and Luke, who are both going to the University of the Arts London to study Photography.
Overall, nearly half of A Level entries (46%) at the school this year were awarded the higher-level passes of A* to B, with three quarters (76%) achieving A* to C grades.
During the celebrations, students were keen to thank their teachers and staff for the support they have offered. Isabella wanted to offer “a big thank you” to Head of Sixth Form, Miss Porter, as she expressed her excitement at securing her Cambridge place.
Aedan, after receiving his straight A* results, said:
“Thank you to every teacher here; all of you have shaped me academically. I will always look fondly on my time at The John Roan School."
Aspiring medic Abya added:
"Thanks to all my teachers for being amazing over the last two years. I'm delighted with my results, and I couldn't have achieved this without them."
Reflecting on students’ achievements, Cath Smith, Principal at The John Roan School, said:
“Despite not having taken external examinations since primary school due to Covid, our students have performed brilliantly and secured places on highly competitive courses at some of the country’s most prestigious universities. This is testament not only to our students’ resilience and dedication, but the sense of ambition and achievement which now cascades through the school.
“As always, I would also like to thank our wonderful team of staff. Their exceptional commitment to students makes all the difference, and I know they share my pride and pleasure as we celebrate our young people today.”