Sustainability at The John Roan School
We're on a journey to carbon zero!
We're also trying to make our school a more sustainable place to study and to work in.
We've signed up to be a Zero Carbon School with Green Schools Project too, which means that our Student Council will be working on educating our whole school community on the importance of reducing our carbon footprint, reducing waste, recycling and reusing where we can.
Plans for academic year 2022-23 include:
- removing plastic bottles/containers from our canteen
- recycling more throughout the school
- staff CPD to support a cross-curricular, whole school approach
- planting more trees in our grounds
- introducing more meat-free meals