Welcome to The John Roan School’s Key Stage 4 Options page. During the Spring term, Year 9 students and families will be provided with lots of information regarding the options available for study at Key Stage 4, beginning with the Options Evening in February.
Year 9 Options Evening - Wednesday 22nd February 2023
Your child is at a critical point in their education, we aim to ensure that you are able to help them to make the best choices for their GCSE options.
To manage visitor numbers, there will be two presentations at 4pm and 4.45pm so please do aim to arrive promptly for your selected time. Thank you.
At The John Roan School, we are committed to all of our students being successful. Therefore, we have built our curriculum at Key Stage 4 (Year 10 and 11) to:
- Challenge all students, of all abilities;
- Develop students’ personal skills that reflect the demands of work and everyday life;
- Ensure that all students leave the school with the qualifications, skills and knowledge to continue to university, employment or training.
In addition to a balanced package of examination courses and tutorial support, our curriculum entitlement comprises:
- PRIDE - a programme of Personal, Social, Health, and Economic Education (PSHE) and Religious Studies delivered across Years 10 and 11. This programme will include the statutory responsibility to deliver Sex Education and Careers Education.
- Extra help after school to prepare for examinations.
- Support with improving literacy and numeracy, if it is required.
Please take some time to read through the 2023-25 Options Booklet below: