Applying for Free School Meals and Hardship Fund
From September 2021, Free School Meals and Hardship Fund applications will be processed directly by The John Roan School.
Please click here to download the application form for Free School Meals.
Your child may be able to get Free School Meals if you receive any of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA)
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit - your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
How does it work?
- First, check if you qualify – it is not just if you are employed, so please look at the list above.
- Registering is quick and easy. Please complete the form overleaf and return it to the school office along with proof of your benefits (original documentation will be required).
- For any queries, please email email@example.com.
Registering for Free School Meals will not affect any other benefits you are claiming.