Sixth form students are leaders in the school community, therefore dress and appearance must be appropriate to support and encourage the ethos of the school. Students must recognise the importance of setting an example to the younger members of the school community, parents, prospective employers and visitors to the school.
All students studying at The John Roan should wear attire that:
- is professional, modest and business like;
- provides an excellent role model for our younger students;
- Jeans and jeans-style trousers, leggings and denim are not acceptable.
- Trainers should only be worn by sports students during sports lessons and flip flop style sandals are not acceptable.
- Track suits (joggers, sweatshirts, hoodies etc) are not to be worn except during appropriate lessons. Basketball Academy strip may be worn on match days.
The John Roan recognises the diversity of cultures, religions and disabilities and will take a sensitive approach when these affect dress requirements.
Students will be sent home to change if they are wearing clothing deemed inappropriate by the Sixth Form team.